Cafiza2 Espresso Machine Cleaning Powder has a concentrated formula which eliminates residue in group heads, valves, and lines. Both foam and solubility are balanced for powerful cleaning and optimal rinsing. Cafiza® Espresso Machine Cleaning Powder is integral to the daily backflush regimen and is recommended for use with a wide range of traditional espresso machines.
Instructions: Always follow manufacturer's cleaning and disassembly instructions. All mix ratios may be modified if a stronger solution is desired. For comfort and safety use rubber gloves and eye protection.
For use on Professional Espresso Machines
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Cafiza® Powder. Insert portafilter into group head
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in a stream of water from group head. Stop cycle
- Insert portafilter into group head. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains
- Soak filters and the metal parts of the portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6g) of Cafiza® Powder per 1L of hot water
- Rinse with clean hot water
For Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Cafiza® powder per 2L of brewer capacity directly into brew basket
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water
TIP: Wet a cloth with the Cafiza® Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean with a fresh cloth. Caution: Solution may be very hot.